The only reason why many people still want to pray for their physical enemies (witches, voodoo priests, occult, etc) to die is because they think that if the enemy doesn’t die then the enemy will kill them. But have you stopped to ask the lord how “compassion” and “mercy” puts you at a higher place – even untouchable by the enemy? If God says touch not my anointed, how then are they able to touch you? Why are we so afraid that if we don’t kill them, they will kill us? Whatever happened to Luke 12:4, Jeremiah 1:8, and especially Philippians 1:28?
And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
Are we going to believe and focus on God’s word or on what the enemy could do to us if we don’t “protect” ourselves? Please note that the point I am trying to make here is that we should be good examples of Christ; this is to bring our attention to authority in Christ & spiritual skillfulness. If your enemy wants you to die and you are also wishing and praying for them to die then difference does it make of the both of you?
21 Reasons Why “Praying Let Them Die” is Unscriptural
- Praying for their salvation actually weakens them the more and gradually brings them under subjection to your authority (Prov. 25:22).
- It is gain to the kingdom of God when they are saved than when they die and go to hell.
- God, Justice, will never let a witch kill a person that has been praying for their Salvation, this is how you do good to them (Proverbs 25:22 – “For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee”).
- Jesus Christ never prayed such prayers, instead He asked us to love them and to pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44). Do you show love by praying for them to die?
- Jonah wanted God to destroy the wicked people but God chose to spare them because they were ignorant & repented when they realize what they were doing.(Jonah 4:1). So give them room to repent; and don’t kill them before their time.
- God instructed us to warn them. Have you warned the witch or wizard before praying for them to die? (When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul – Ezekiel 33:8-10)
- If you want to go by the verse that says “suffer not a witch to live” then you would also have to kill them physically.
- We must understand the scriptures and see why Jesus said to love our enemies.
- You show your understanding of being in a higher place in Christ when you have mercy and pity – knowing that the devil is using them, which means your real enemy is the one standing behind them (Satan).
- Even after you kill all your enemies, more will still rise up against you.
- A man without enemies is a nobody. Jesus Christ had plenty!
- Jesus Christ prayed to God that God would have mercy on those who nailed Him to the cross saying ” forgive them for they know not what they are doing”.
- When you are being attacked, you are actually being nailed to the cross because through that the Lord is strengthening you and working it out for your good, so are you going to destroy the opportunity or pray the same prayer Jesus prayed?
- A man full of wisdom, Stephen, replicated what Jesus did as an example of one who truly followed after Christ.
- If you want to live by the law (suffer not a witch to live) then you must keep 100% of the law, otherwise you become as guilty as the one you are praying against.
- We must pray according to the will of God for God to hear us (1 John 5:14-15) and answer; otherwise you are praying amiss and wasting your time.
- Since you have been praying for them to die, how many of them have died?
- If it was time for them to die then let the Holy Spirit prompt us to make such “declarations” but we can’t take it upon ourselves to kill them because of our ambition to prosper.
- The real and most important battle is in your mind, not with your physical enemy.
- You are to focus on destroying the powers behind the wicked (witch, voodoo priest, etc) rather than the human being.
- Your enemies may have to die anyway, by divine judgment. But that should be God’s call, not yours:
- Those (Harold) who wanted to kill Jesus Christ died even without His parents praying such prayers.
- Those (Pharoah) who wanted to kill Moses died, even without Moses praying such prayer.
- Those (Pharaoh) who were bent on holding Israel captive were warned multiple times, but chose to run towards death because of His hardened heart (this was also God’s call, not Moses’ decision, there’s where the power is).
Link it up!