Many people confess Jesus Christ as God but are far from understanding what it means. Many, on the other hand, do not believe Jesus Christ is God, they would rather settle for Him being a son, but not God. But let’s consider what the scriptures say, dividing precept by precept.
Verses Reveal Jesus As GOD
- “In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God.”
John 1:1 explicitly notes that Jesus was both with God in the beginning and was God…but How can this be? God is His word, in God is His word, His integrity is in His word and His word was preset with Him in the beginning. He spoke forth this word in the beginning which was made flesh (Jesus Christ) to fulfill God’s (the head) plan and purpose. We know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, but we also know that He is God’s word.
2. “For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” Colossians 2:9.
Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is the fullness of the Godhead bodily. In other words, when He walked on the face of the earth in a body that gives Him a right to operate here on earth as the son of man, He carried the fullness of the Godhead. This clearly means He was full God in the manifestation of a man.
3. “I and my Father are one.” John 10:30
Jesus clearly stated that He and the Father are one. When you are one with someone, you are not less than the person, but you are in agreement, in intent and purpose.
4. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Jesus Christ is clearly stating that He is equal with God. God cannot break His word. He could have come through another means but spiritual protocol demands that to enter this realm, you must pass through the womb of a woman, so the fullness of God head came that way to also fulfill and feel our infirmities.
5. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. – Matt 28:18
To Jesus, God gave all power in heaven and on earth. There is nothing made that was made without Him. In the trinity, He is the administrator of the whole operation and God has put everything into His hands. Everything in the universe is administered by Him. This is, therefore, in complete agreement, in intent and purpose, with Colossians 1;16-17.
6. “In him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” Colossians 1:16–17
7. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.- 1 Tim. 3:16
God without His manifestation as Jesus could not have truly felt how we feel in the flesh, our infirmities, our pains, our struggles…hence He came manifesting as Jesus Christ. Know that it is by the Spirit that we can truly understand the mystery of the kingdom…for this indeed is a mystery.
8. John 10:38 notes, “Even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
Jesus established oneness and unity in the verse above. Christ was and is indeed the Messiah and Savior of the world, whom God promised to the world for the salvation of men. It is true that the Father was in He and He in the Father by virtue of agreement. God is His word and the word was in God before it was spoken into being and became flesh. Hence God cannot be separated from His word, yet Jesus Christ is the spoken word of God. In other words, God birthed Him. He came out from God.