Many people have been delivered or healed and yet lost it, they were unable to secure it or keep it. There are many reasons why this happens, most of all, obeying God’s word is paramount. Some of the ways to secure your blessings are as follows:
Identify Your Appointed Place of Worship
- If you have been rescued, take cover so that you don’t get recaptured. God chooses where you belong, not you. Allow God to choose where you belong, then you will have rest for your life. There is a place to be where you won’t be afflicted again. “Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,…” 2 Sam. 7:10
- If you worship in a place other than where God has assigned you, you will be wasting much of your time. When God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, He told him to go to a specific mountain. It took Abraham 3 days (on foot) to get there. If Abraham had tried to sacrifice Isaac somewhere else along the way, he wouldn’t have met God there. Distance wasn’t a problem because he knew he had to go to the exact mountain where God had instructed him to to.
- Deut 12:14 would probably help you understand this better:
“But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.”
Identify Your God Ordained Shepard – Appointed Over you
“And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land…” Jeremiah 3:15-16
When you stay under the Shepard or leaders appointed to you, according to God’s heart, you increase and multiply. You grow stronger than those forces that try to oppress you.
Commit To Feeding on the word
To be word empty is to be vulnerable. We must continue to feed on the word to keep the enemy at bay.
“When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.” Matthew 12:43-45
When the enemy came to Jesus to tempt Him in Matt 4, He continued to respond with the word.
Matthew 12:43-45 is also applicable here. You must remain prayerful to keep evil forces away from you. However, we store spiritual strength from the prayer altar against the day of battle.
“If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.” Prov. 24:10
Be Committed To Serving God
When you stay under the blessing, no good thing can be reversed.
- Anna served God with prayer and fasting, so you can serve God through prayers and fasting” (Luke 2:9)
- You can serve God through spreading the gospel and sharing Jesus with people
- You can serve God through praying kingdom advancement prayers.
“How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied?” Numb. 23:8
I learned these through Bishop David Oyedepo sermons.