I want to address an issue that has come up many times with the prophetic ministry and how some prophets minister. This article focuses on Manasseh Jordan because the questions regarding him has come up severally. Below are some key points to consider.
First, when a person, minister or prophet does things in a strange way, a way that is contrary to popular belief or norms, or in a way that we don’t exactly agree with, it does not stop them from being who God has called them to be (a prophet, a pastor, an evangelist, or a son of God). If they have been called by God, they are still under God’s umbrella and still servants of God so any word spoken against them is in fact spoken against God.
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY
A person may deviate slightly from the will of God in their decisions and actions but they may still be doing what they have been called to do. For example, a man of God may be walking in his calling but he may not be doing EXACTLY what Jesus wants him or her to do. So be careful what you say to a man of God or against one–regardless of what he or she may have done. If you are concerned or not exactly sure what to think of their method of ministration, pray to God and ask Him to reveal to you what to do so that in the process of correcting them, you don’t react or make an error yourself. “When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.“…says the Lord.
TGFJ Reader’s Question: “I received this so called “prophetic” message/recording in more than one email address from prophet Manasseh. I’m guessing they didn’t know they sent the message to the same person with different email addresses. I have sown seed into his ministry in the past and on more than one occasion. But recently I don’t know if I should anymore. Please do you understand this “type” of prophetic utterance? Thus saith the Lord? Am I the one who is not getting it? I really want to know/understand –perhaps there is something I don’t know. Listening to the message, I feel manipulated. Not that I took it as a personal message but being that it was supposedly a personal message, it sounds manipulative to me.”
MY ANSWER: I can not tell you if what he is doing is right or wrong but I can say that it is always good to look at it from more than one perspective but most importantly with the knowledge of the word of God.
” Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. 2 “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked. “Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this.”Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, 6 he said, “Listen to my words:“When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house.With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles;he sees the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?The anger of the Lord burned against them, and he left them.When the cloud lifted from above the tent, Miriam’s skin was leprous—it became as white as snow” (Numbers 12:1-10).
What you need to know?
- He may be doing something wrong in the way he goes about it but that does not mean he is not a man of God. On the other hand, he may be doing exactly what God asked him to do. We do not know. When we don’t know, it is better to keep quiet.
- We don’t know for sure and therefore cannot judge him on this matter; however, you can pray about it and ask God to open his eyes to see his errors and if you are the one that need your eyes opened then God should open your eyes, too!
- If you feel manipulated and don’t want to continue receiving messages from him, just “unsubscribe” from their list.
- Make sure you don’t say any bad words against him or his ministry
- When we speak against men of God, we speak against ourselves as we are the body, and ultimately we speak against God.
- Don’t be provoked to say something. If people are talking about him or any other man of God, leave the place and don’t be a part of it. “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,” (Psalm 1:1-2)
- Continue to pray for him or any other minister, man of God, prophet, with LOVE and in LOVE