The kind of Love that God as given us is pure. The kind of love that He wants us to exhibit is not the kind that the world exhibits. Many people in the world do not understand the term in it’s true sense, let alone know what it is and how it speaks. If you were wondering what love truly is and what it should feel like, you must look to God the author of Love. For He, Himself, is Love. Even if you don’t feel loved by Him or by anyone else, it does not mean that He does not love you. He loves you regardless of your flaws, that is, the flaws that you see because he doesn’t see those little things that make you cover up your face when you smile, laugh or use excessive makeup or exaggerated hair-do just to get some attention. Someone may ask …Why? Well because He is Love, he created you and is proud of His creation. He has created us all with differences, uniqueness and with thoughtfulness; and whether you think or try to persuade yourself about His love for you; it doesn’t change what He thinks about you. Love created and made you into a special proof of His handy work so loving others should be part of our attributes as we were made by Love and through Love. If you truly say you love someone with the love of Christ, and not that of the world, you should exhibit, express, show, experience and live and walk in it, for LOVE IS…
- Patient (suffers long, endures all without weakening)
- Kind (is helpful, mild, gentle, and affectionate)
- Rejoices when truth or the right thing prevails
- Remains firm and bears up under anything that comes
- Is ready to believe the best of every person
- Its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances
- NOT envious, never envious, nor boils over with jealousy
- NOT touchy, NOT fretful, or resentful (feeling of displeasure from something that was regarded as causing insult, Is not apt to take offence).
- NOT unbecoming (distracting from one’s character)
- NOT boastful, NOT vainglorious
- NOT arrogant, NOT prideful
- Does NOT insist on its own way or interest, NOT selfish or Self-seeking
- Does NOT display itself: That is, ISN’T ROUD or Snobbish
- Does NOT want anything bad, but everything good
- Does NOT pay attention to evil or focus on wrong suffered in the past
- Does NOT rejoice at injustice, unrighteousness
NEVER Fails, never fades our or comes to an end.
If you aren’t anywhere close to the list above, no problem—you can practice it. Take note of those little things that cause you to derail from your goal and purpose and stand firm. In all, remember the Spirit of God is always there to help you. When He does, it feels easier, less stressful, removes the pain and leads you to the point of perfection—that’s one of His specialties!
For further study, read and meditate on:
John 3:16; John 14:21-24; John 15:9-17
Matthew 5:13; 6:24-25; 5:43-48
Psalm 23:5-6; 31:16: 36:3
Romans 5: 8; 8:37
1 Corinthians 13;
1 John 3:1; 4:7
1 Peter 1:22
“What Love is” broken down by Prophet TB Joshua.