By the time a person is sixty years old, he/she would have spent twenty years sleeping. Dreams are visions during the night, when man slumbers upon his bed, when he sleeps (Job 33:15; Job 4:12-21). Dreams are senses of occurrences in the realm of the spirit and God uses our dreams to give us messages and reveal things to us. You or someone you know can make important judgment/decision based on a dream.
According to Doctor Olukoya, “the images we see in the dream are transactions that go on during sleep; and are windows to your unconscious feelings and to your unconscious thoughts”. That is, if we understand what is going on in our dreams, we will understand what is going on in our physical life. Dreams do not lie but the devil can lie to you. In other words, if you dream about something that is not true or cannot possibly be true, it could be manipulations or deceptions of the devil but the dream itself is not a lie. Instead, it is a spiritual monitoring system which helps you deal with your physical life, reveals to you your fears and hopes, past and future, informs, warns you and can change, influence or heal you. Therefore, dreams should not be ignored and constant dreams should be taken seriously. If you don’t dream at all or remember your dreams, then there is a problem. Why? …Because every normal human being is supposed to dream. In fact the only problem as identified by scientist is that not everybody recalls their dreams. Whether you try to explain this with psychology or other type of logic, every human being is supposed to dream. Remember it is your spirit that sees all your dreams, not with your physical eyes, and these occurrences are registered in your brain for you to remember when you wake up. So If you do not remember your dreams or don’t dream at all, then what does your spirit man see or do when you fall upon your bed and sleep? There is double danger when you do not dream or remember your dreams because if God talks to you, you will forget or won’t even hear him.
Dreams are mentioned at least 121 times in the bible. For example:
- God came to Abimelech in a dream one night and said to him, “You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman.” Now Abimelech had not gone near her, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister,’ and didn’t she also say, ‘He is my brother’? I have done this with a clear conscience and clean hands” (Gen. 20:3-5).
- God communicated a wonderful promise to Jacob through a dream.
- God spoke to Leban “a warning to him, which was similar to Abimelech’s dream.
- If anyone was noted for having dreams from God and knowing the future because of such, it was Joseph (Gen. 37:2).
- Pharoah’s dream: His dreams about the future were significant and led to many important events.
- Gideon was encouraged by a dream from the enemy
- God appeared to Solomon in a dream and had a conversation with him which resulted in his special God-given abilities (1 Kings 3:5-15)
When the dream is from God, the dreamer is left calm, quiet, and reasonable, with open and clear mind. Why? Because regardless of the situation, God comes to comfort us, to give us directions, instructions, guidance, correction, revelations, exhortation, encouragement and assurance (Job 33:15-19). But if the dream is from the enemy, the dreamer will feel empty, confused, terrified. In fact, the dream will not make sense. Why? …Because the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Some dreams can be ignored while others must be taken seriously. For example, if you experience a night mere on a night you were very angry, agitated, argued with someone, or overfed yourself. Examples of false dreams are seen in the following scriptures:
“Yes,” declares the LORD, “I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, ‘The LORD declares.’ Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams,” declares the LORD. “They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least,” declares the LORD (Jer. 23:31,32).
“The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd” (Zec. 10:2).
Howbeit, dreams are very important whether they are true or multitude of businesses. On Pentecost, Peter spoke the following words which refer back to the book of Joel: In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams (Acts 2:17). Clearly, more people will begin to dream and see visions in these last days so listen to God and be one of them!
Latest posts by thankGODforJESUS.org (see all)
- Dr. Cindy Trimm’s Rules of Engagement Prayer – Transcribed (Part 1) - March 28, 2015
- Healing Prayer by Dr. Cindy Trimm – Transcribed Part 7 (Final) - March 26, 2015
- Healing Prayer by Dr. Cindy Trimm – Transcribed Part 6 - March 24, 2015